Tuesday 16 July 2013

New Zealand landscape













I’ve been home for two days and I finally started unpacking. The post New Zealand depression has kicked in and my body feels restless. All I want to do is snowboard or bungee jump or jet boat through the canyons. Sydney sucks.

The days leading up to NZ, I was working seven days a week, I got sick (again) two days before and I didn't finalise my packing until the morning of my flight. Safe to say I was really unprepared for this trip. I left Sydney feeling anxious, nervous, scared and overwhelmed but in hindsight, this trip couldn't have come at a better time.


I used this trip to disconnect from everything and everyone. Or at least try to. There was the occasional Facebook and Instagram check-in but overall, I felt free. Cheesy as it sounds, I abandoned my worries and problems in Sydney and immersed myself in the fresh, crisp air of NZ.


I feel new.
The majority of my photos are of the beautiful landscape. It surrounds you. The snow-capped mountains greet you in an embracing hug as soon as you touch down. I highly recommend a road trip because you see SO much and it's all breathtakingly beautiful. 

I travelled with six friends and we had a BLAST! Snowboarding, zip-lined through Queenstown trees, overindulged in food and alcohol, Hamner Springs, bungee jumped, Nevis Swing,  jet boating and hiking on Fox Glacier. We did so much but it feels like it wasn't enough.


I'm ready for my next adventure. I'm craving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment